The Elections department performs a variety of duties in relation to the election process. Some of these duties include
- Processing of voter registration applications
- Maintaining voter registration records
- Maintenance and Security of voting machines and Election equipment
- Filing official for all local candidate filings
- Conducting Absentee voting
- Assist the Laurel County Board of Elections in coordinating all Elections
- Management and preservation of all Election related records for Laurel County
Important Election Links
- 2022 Vote Center Map
- Methods of Voting for the November 8th, 2022 General
- Online Voter Registration
- “Am I eligible to vote if I have been convicted of a felony?”
- How to File for Office
- How to Register to Vote
- Miscellaneous Kentucky Voting Information
- Military and Overseas Voters
- Check My Voter Record/Absentee Ballot Status
Important Election Dates
October 11th, 2022
Last day to register to vote for the general election.
October 25th, 2022
Online mail-in absentee request portal to close (14 days before the election).
October 26th, 2022-November 2nd, 2022
Excused, In-Person Absentee voting begins in the Laurel County Clerk’s Office. Qualified voters may make application to cast an absentee ballot during normal business hours.
November 3rd, 2022-November 5th, 2022 (8:00a.m.-4:00p.m. daily)
In-person no-excuse (Early Voting) at the Laurel County Courthouse Annex Building located at 107 S Broad St, London KY 40741.
This sign-up form is active through Sunday November 6th, 2022. If you would like to be added to the list after 11:59pm on Sunday November 6th, please call the Laurel County Clerk’s office at (606) 864-5158 with your sign-up information so we may manually add you to the Election Results contact list.
Laurel County Board of Elections
The Laurel County Election Commission consists of the county clerk, the sheriff, and two members appointed by the State Board of Elections. Some of the duties of the board include:
- Division of Laurel County into Election precincts
- Establishment of voting places for precincts
- Appointment and training of all Election Officers
- Examination and approval of all voting machines prior to any Election in Laurel County
- Tabulation of Absentee Ballots
- Certification of all Laurel County Election results
Election Officer Compensation
- ELECTION DAY SERVICE: $140
- ELECTION SCHOOL TRAINING: $40
- PICK-UP SUPPLIES: $25
- RETURN OF ELECTION SUPPLIES: $25
Election Results Archive
INTERESTED IN SERVING AS AN ELECTION OFFICER?
How to vote
- Ballot requests can be made on line at govoteky.com
- Last day to request ballot by mail is October 9th, 2020
- Ballot must be post marked by November 3rd or put in drop-box in Clerk’s Office.
- Early in-person voting will take place at the Laurel County Annex located directly behind the Laurel County Courthouse, 107 South Broad Street.
- Polls will open Tuesday October 13th – November 2nd • Poll hours will be Mon. – Fri. 8:00-4:00. Saturday, Oct. 17th, 24th & 31st from 8:00 – Noon.
ELECTION DAY NOVEMBER 3rd, 2020
- Laurel County will have 12 Voting Locations for election day. You will be able to use any location of your chasing to vote no matter where you normally vote. Polls will be open 6:00 am – 6:00 pm.
|North Laurel High School||1300 E. Hal Rogers Parkway London 40741|
|South Laurel High School||201 S Laurel Rd, London, KY 40744|
|Hunter Hills Elementary||8325 US-25, Corbin, KY 40701|
|East Bernstadt Independent School||229 School St, East Bernstadt, KY 40729|
|London-Laurel Optimist Complex||383 Sinking Creek Rd, London, KY 40741|
|Bush Elementary||1832 E Laurel Rd, London, KY 40741|
|Cold Hill Elementary||4012 W Laurel Rd, London, KY 40741|
|Keavy Elementary||598 KY-312, London, KY 40741|
|Bush Masonic Hall Lodge||63 Marydell Rd. London 40741|
|McWhorter Fire Dept. Station #2||7125-, 7227 Johnson Rd, London, KY 40741|
|Campground Elementary||6800 Barbourville Rd, London, KY 40744|
|Crossroads Fire Dept.||7274 KY-490, East Bernstadt, KY 40729|